Updated: Jan 3, 2020
I don't know about you but every now and again I can get overwhelmed in busy public places. I have a very big family and friendship group (that's a lot of personalities, conversations and noise when we go out and about)
I love being part of a massive family but it can be a sensory overload for sure. I live in a city so i'm always in busy places. I travel a lot so I spend a lot of time at airports.
I can only take so much before I begin to feel anxious and a little overloaded by everything around me.
Here are 5 tips that I found to be helpful in my own life;
1. Find a quiet bench/seat somewhere, sit and breath deeply
2. Put your earphones in, listen to something calming and go for a walk
3. If you are stuck somewhere that you truly can't get out of (a flight, train, at someone's home)
Start writing how you're feeling in the note section of your phone.
Getting creative is one of the best things you can do when feeling anxious.
Put your energy into typing or writing or doodling.
4. Positive self-talk - speak to your inner child as you truly would speak to any child that was feeling sad, confused and frustrated.
5. Be kind. Treat yourself with ease and kindness.
Anxiety is tough. It's frustrating. It's tiring. It's upsetting but you will always be okay.
And you will always get through it.
You're not alone!
I hope some of these tips help you from here on out.
Love and light,