Also known as Eggy bread, Bombay Toast or what we have always called it in our home "Andha dopke" which I think translates to egg dip in Punjabi haha
It has been a classic in our home growing up and now in my own home.
Its quick, it's easy and it's so tasty!
The beauty is that you can change it up to your own taste.
1 egg is enough for 1 1/2 slices of bread, so based on your own appetite, you can double or triple up on the ingredients.
You will need:
1 1/2 slices of bread of choice (I like to slice mine in halves or quarters)
1 pasture raised organic egg
a splash of milk (your choice)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander/cilantro
1 tbsp ghee or butter
1. Whip up your egg and milk, then add your salt & spices and coriander into a bowl or curved flat plate
2. Dip the pieces of bread into the egg mixture
3. While the bread is soaking up the egg mixture, heat a frying pan on medium heat, melt ghee or butter
4. Once both sides of your bread have been covered in egg, start to fry each side for around 2 minutes each or until nice and golden on the outside.
5. Push the bread down to make sure the bread is fully cooked. If egg mixture is leaking out, it needs a little longer.
I will share my little preference with you.. I like a splash of Worcestershire sauce over mine. It's delicious!
This one takes me back to being a kid. I love this as much today as I did back then.